DENTAL SEO | HOMEPAGE CONTENT | DENTAL MARKETING
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is integral to a robust online marketing campaign. SEO optimizes your website to appear in the “organic results” section of Google’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Organic results are different from paid results. Paid results use paid ads to generate traffic to your website.
YOUR HOMEPAGE AND DENTAL SEO
Many elements go into a successful homepage. However, this article focuses on just one of those elements: content. Also known as “copy,” content refers to anything you communicate to your visitors via words, images, or other forms of multimedia, like videos.
Content is especially important to your digital marketing campaign. Having the right content on your homepage captures the interest of your visitors. Content also helps your website show up on the search engine results page (SERP.)
This article explores what topics to cover on the homepage of your dental website. These topics reflect people’s main concerns or questions when searching online for dental-related queries. These topics also include the most searched keywords related to these queries.
KEYWORDS and DENTAL SEO
“Keywords” or “key phrases” are search terms people type into their search engine (Google or Bing.) Search engines then provide a list of websites that seem most relevant to the user’s search term. Search engines scan website content for keywords to determine which website is most relevant. If your content contains the keywords users search with, the search engine may list your website on its results page. Once listed on the first SERP, your website will generate organic traffic (free clicks to your website.)
ONLINE CONSUMER CONCERNS
When someone clicks on your homepage, you have seconds to capture their attention. Therefore, it is important to address people’s most common concerns when searching online for a dentist. Address these concerns in your content immediately. Start with the most common concern or question and work your way down.
Remember, people who search for a dentist online may have different concerns than your patients who find you via traditional marketing (i.e., billboards, radio, mail, or personal referral.)
With over ten years in dental marketing, Medstar Media knows what online consumers want most.
TOPICS TO COVER ON YOUR DENTAL WEBSITE'S HOMEPAGE
Starting with the most common concern and working our way down, these are the top 5 things your online visitors look for once landing on your website’s homepage. Also included are the top searched keywords (based on 2022 data) for each topic.
5 Most Common Concerns When Searching Online for a Dentist
Location – The internet replaced the yellow pages. People now go online to find a dentist near them. This is true for all industries. 46% of all search queries have local intent. Add your location in the header at the top of your homepage.
- On average, people Google “Dentist Near Me” 1.8 million times each month in the US. “Dentist near me” is by far the most popular search term in dental SEO. In contrast, the super general search term “dentist” receives 1.5 million searches a month (18% less than “dentist near me.”)
Family-Friendly Dentists – One of the main reasons people search for a dentist online is to get dental care for their child. It is important to mention that your dental practice specializes in treating children.
- On average, people Google “pediatric dentist” 165,000 times each month in the US.
- Secondary keywords (another important part of dental SEO) include:
- “children’s dentist near me,” which gets searched almost 50,000 times each month
- “family dentist near me,” which receives 22,000 searches each month
Emergencies – While many people still find their dentist via referrals from friends or family, when someone has a dental emergency, they go online. If you offer urgent dental care or emergency dentistry, mention this in your homepage content.
- On average, people Google “emergency dentist near me” 165,000 times each month in the US.
- Secondary keywords about this topic include:
- “emergency dentist,” which garners 110,000 searches each month
- “urgent dental care,” which sees 22,200 searches each month
Insurances and Financing – people want to know if a dentist accepts their dental insurance. People also want to know if a dentist will still treat them without insurance. When searching online for this common concern, people often use the key phrase “dentist” + “[the name of their insurance]” (i.e., “dentist Medicaid.”)
According to Market Watch, the top 5 dental insurance plans in the US are:
- Delta Dental
If you accept one of these five insurances, list it on your website. Remember, dental insurances vary by locality.
- List all dental insurance plans your practice accepts.
- Also, mention any payment or financing options your practice offers to individuals without dental insurance. This includes specials and in-house dental plans.
Sedation – The potential for pain and discomfort are major anxieties for people in need of dental care. Prospective patients want to know that you value their comfort. Address this concern in your content.
- Mention that you are a “gentle dentist.”
- List the sedation and pain management options you offer. This is especially important for parents looking online for a pediatric dentist.
After addressing these five concerns, list some of the common dental services you provide. List each one using a header tag and write a summary of what the service does.
Starting with the terms that get the most search volume:
- “Invisalign” receives, on average, 450,000 Google searches, per month, in the US. This is the most searched dental service online. If you offer Invisalign, mention it.
- Medstar Media specializes in Invisalign advertising. Learn how to boost your sales with more Invisalign patients by scheduling a free consultation with Medstar Media.
- “Root Canal” receives 246,000 Google searches per month in the US.
- “Cavity” receives, on average, 165,000 Google searches, per month, in the US.
- Related search terms include “dental crown,” which receives 60,500, “tooth cavity,” which receives 40,500 searches, and “tooth fillings,” which receives 33,100 searches each month.
- “Dental Implants” receives 165,000 Google searches per month in the US.
- “Dentures” receives, on average, 90,500 Google searches, per month, in the US.
Specialties like “endodontist,” “orthodontist,” or “periodontist.”
If you have a specialty, mention it with your other services in your homepage content.
- “Orthodontist” receives, on average, 450,000 Google searches, per month, in the US.
- “Endodontist” receives, on average, 165,000 Google searches, per month, in the US.
- “Periodontist” receives, on average, 110,000 Google searches, per month, in the US.
- “Dental Bridge” receives 49,500 Google searches per month in the US.
OTHER CONTENT TOPICS
Once you have addressed the top concerns and covered your dental services, add biographical information that sets you apart from the competition.
- Expertise: Talk about why you are a good dentist and why your patients love you. Better yet, offer your visitors some social proof with patient testimonials.
- Technology: List any state-of-the-art equipment and techniques you incorporate into your dental practice.
- The Office: Talk about how relaxing, comfortable, and family-friendly your office is. Also, mention your address and provide helpful information for finding your office. Your patients will appreciate it, and listing this information in your content will help you rank higher in local SEO.
- Call to Action: Tell your visitors what step to take next and how to do it: They should contact you via online form, email, or phone.
DENTAL SEO SERVICES FROM MEDSTAR MEDIA
Being a dentist is hard. You got enough things on your plate. Outsource your digital marketing to Medstar Media. We are pros at advertising for dentists and writing professional, high-converting content.
Schedule a free consultation to learn how you can attract more patients online. Reach out to us by: