FRONT DESK TRAINING FOR EMSCULPT PROVIDERS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
FRONT DESK BEST PRACTICES …………………………………………………………………………………2
EMSCULPT CALL SCRIPT ……………………………………………………………………………..……………….6
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS………………………………………………9
FRONT DESK BEST PRACTICES: TIPS
THE 3 OBJECTIVES WHEN ANSWERING A CALL ABOUT EMSCULPT
- Answer questions / Share Information
- Develop elevator pitch explaining what Emsculpt is and why it is so popular. (See the FAQ section for examples.)
- Try to use personal experience when answering questions. (See call script for examples.)
- Avoid questions covered in the consultation (anything that would determine the treatment parameters or the caller’s candidacy for Emsculpt.)
- Share Excitement
- Use personal experience. Talk about why Emsculpt is great.
- Explain why your practice is the best choice for the Emsculpt treatment. (Develop an elevator pitch on practice uniqueness.)
- Book a Consultation
TIPS FOR EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE OVER THE PHONE
- Use “verbal nods” like “Mhm” or “Ah yes, I understand”
- Use plain language. Avoid technical terms, jargon, and acronyms. Be professional, concise and clear.
- As soon as you receive a customer’s name, use it. Dale Carnegie said, “Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.”
- Try to validate questions: “That is a good question” “that is a common concern” etc.
- Be knowledgeable about the treatments callers may inquire about
- Share personal experience
- Avoid Yes or No questions.
- Use assumptive phrases and questions (See call script for examples.)
- The receptionist should NOT perform a consultation over the phone. Re-focus the caller to book a consult.
- Avoid the topic of cost
REQUIREMENTS FOR ANSWERING THE PHONE
Anyone answering the phone should be able to:
- Successfully field an Emsculpt inquiry.
- Book an Emsculpt consultation.
- Answer questions about the Emsculpt treatment.
If a staff member does not know about Emsculpt and does not know how to book a consultation, they should not answer the phone. This may require that all staff know the proper protocol for answering Emsculpt inquiries.
AN INVESTMENT THAT MAKES A LOT OF DIFFERENCE
4 THINGS THE RECEPTIONIST SHOULD KNOW BY HEART
- Uniqueness statement. Why is your spa unique? Why should a potential customer choose your facility over the competition? This statement should be one to two sentences or 15 seconds long.
- Emsculpt elevator pitch (brief statement on what Emsculpt is and why it is so popular.
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- The Emsculpt call script and front desk best practices.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FAST RESPONSE TIMES
IF YOU HAVE TO PLACE A CALLER ON HOLD
If you have to put someone on hold, make sure to get the caller’s name and purpose for calling before putting them on hold.
Receptionist: Hello. Thank you for calling [SPA.] My name is [Name.] May I ask with whom I am speaking?
Caller: My name is Melissa, I am calling about Emsculpt
Receptionist: Hello Melissa. You’re interested in Emsculpt, that’s fantastic. May I ask you to hold for a brief moment, I have another caller on the opposite line?
Wait until they answer yes before placing them on hold.
*If the caller has to be on hold for a long time, get their information and call them back.
FRONT DESK CALL SCRIPT
SUGGESTED SCRIPT FOR A EMSCULPT PATIENT CALL
STAFF MEMBER “Thank you for calling [Name of Practice], this is [Name of Staff Member].
How may I help you?”
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT “I was calling about Emsculpt…”
STAFF MEMBER Respond with a brief statement about why your spa is the best place to get Emsculpt. (Uniqueness statement.) Be enthusiastic. Remember, passion is contagious.
“Great. You’ve called the right place! [SPA] is proud to be… [Distinguishing characteristic].
List your Spa’s experience (experience is an important factor for people choosing an Emsculpt provider.)
“We’ve performed hundreds of treatments.”
Collect name and number
“Just in case we get disconnected, may I please have your name and phone number?”
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT “Yes, my name is Melissa and my number is 888-888-8888.”
STAFF MEMBER “Great! Thank you, Melissa.”
Emsculpt® 15-second Elevator Pitch
“Emsculpt® is the first body contouring treatment cleared by the FDA to build, strengthen, and tone muscles in the abdomen, upper arms, upper legs and glutes.
Receptionist’s Personal Emsculpt experience
“I just had the Emsculpt treatment performed on my abdomen three months ago and I love my results.
Next, ask the caller if they have any questions about the Emsculpt treatment. This will show the caller you are there to help them. It will also help you gauge where the caller is at, what concerns they have, and other insight that will help you customize the conversation to the caller’s needs and lead the caller to book a consultation over the phone.
STAFF MEMBER “Are there any questions I can answer for you?
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT [Patient question] “How long does it take to see the results?”
STAFF MEMBER After my treatment, I started seeing results about a month later. Most patients see their results between one and three months.”
If the caller does not articulate any specific questions, move on in the conversation by asking:
STAFF MEMBER “What made you interested in Emsculpt?”
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT [Indicates reason] i.e. “I want a six-pack.”
STAFF MEMBER This is a great opportunity for the receptionist to validate the caller, connect with the caller, and learn more about the caller’s selling points. Whatever the caller’s concern is, validate it and then explain how Emsculpt from your spa can address that concern.
“That is actually our most popular treatment area. Emsculpt is great at developing ab muscles. In fact, a single treatment is the equivalent to performing 20,000 crunches. In fact, I just saw a patient who received Emsculpt in that area a few months ago and she said her results look amazing.”
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT “How much does it cost?”
STAFF MEMBER Remember, it’s best not to discuss the price over the phone.
“Emsculpt® is a highly customized treatment. I would not be able to quote a price over the phone without our Emsculpt® Specialist assessing you first.
Lead into the consultation
Our Emsculpt® Specialist would love to meet with you privately to develop a custom treatment plan that meets your personal goals and matches your budget.
Mention a special, a deal, some financial incentive that has a time limit.
“We currently have a June special offering 25% off Emsculpt I’d love to get you in for your complimentary consultation with our Emsculpt® Specialist, [Name of the specialist who will perform the consultation].”
Do not ask if they want to book a consultation. Use ASSUMPTIVE PHRASES. (Assume every caller wants to book a consultation.) Just continue straight into the scheduling portion of the phone call. Remember; try to avoid yes and no questions when possible.
“We have new patient consults available on Tuesdays and Thursdays; Melissa, which day works better for you?”
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT “Tuesdays.”
STAFF MEMBER “Do you prefer mornings or afternoons?”
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT “Mornings.”
STAFF MEMBER “Great! I have possibilities for you to come in for your consultation on this Tuesday afternoon at 9:00 am or 11:00 am. Which works better for you?”
PROSPECTIVE PATIENT “9:00pm.”
STAFF MEMBER “Great, we look forward to seeing you [Day and time.]
“Melissa, we are delighted that you have chosen our practice for your Emsculpt® treatment. We can’t wait to see you on [date and time.]”
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS EMSCULPT®?
Rehearse a 15-second “elevator pitch”, such as:
“Emsculpt® is revolutionary body contouring treatment that reduces fat and builds muscle. It is painless and requires no downtime.
“Emsculpt is the first FDA-cleared energy device approved to burn fat and build muscle mass. It’s a no-downtime, pain-free, non-surgical way to define the abs, lift the buttocks, and develop the arms and legs.”
IF A PATIENT ASKS ABOUT “HOW IT WORKS”:
Rehearse a 15-second “elevator pitch”, such as:
“Emsculp utilizes electromagnetic energy to cause super powerful muscle contractions. These muscle contractions strengthen the tissue and also disrupt surrounding fat cells. The result is bigger, stronger muscles and a reduction in fat.
WHAT’S THE COST?
Cost is best discussed during the consultation process; avoid the conversation about the cost on the phone. If not, then explain:
- “Emsculpt® is a highly customized procedure, and I would not be able to quote a price over the phone without our Emsculpt® Specialist assessing you first.
- Some people call numerous practices to find the cheapest quote. Don’t lose a potential customer because you won’t quote them over the phone. If the caller asks more than once or says they are price shopping, give them a price for a single treatment. Follow up the cost with a deal or special or some other kind of incentive. Do not give price ranges. People will only remember the higher price. Quote the least expensive price (a single treatment.)
- “The initial cost of a single treatment is $xxxx, but there is a discount offered based upon the treatment package.”
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
Do not perform the consultation over the phone! Instead, re-focus the patient to discuss this question with the Emsculpt® Specialist.
- “That’s a great Honestly, it depends on a lot of individual factors. The Emsculpt® Specialist is the expert and is far better prepared to answer your questions.”
- “Most patients see results after one treatment. I elected for 4 treatments, spaced 2 to 3 days apart for optimal results.”
WHEN DO I SEE RESULTS?
This is a great reason to ensure that the Front Desk Staff has experienced a Emsculpt® treatment. They can confidently share their own experience and/or results, such as:
- “My core felt stronger almost immediately. I began to see added definition about 4 weeks after my treatment.
IS THERE ANY PAIN OR DOWNTIME?
Again, another reason to make sure the receptionist has received the Emsculpt treatment. If there is some luxury that distinguishes your Emsculpt treatment, room or process, feel free to add that detail into the answer.
“My treatment wasn’t painful at all. You can feel your muscles contracting but it doesn’t hurt.
– and –
“Afterwards it felt like I had done an extensive ab workout for the following day or two.”
IS THE EMSCULPT PROCEDURE SAFE?
People tend to be skeptical and worried about how safe a new procedure may be; especially one that they know nothing about. They want to know – and be reassured – that it is something they can feel safe undergoing. Answer them the following way:
“Emsculpt is not only safe, it is also effective. The procedure uses low frequency elctromagnetic energy. The EM energy has been used by companies such as BTL for years without any complications reported.”
ARE THERE ANY POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS TO USING EMSCULPT?
Rehearse a 15-second “elevator pitch”, such as:
“The only side effects you may feel are soreness & fatigue such as those experienced after a strenous workout.”
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER EMSCULPT?
This is a very common question that is often asked about cosmetic procedures, not just Emsculpt. (Try to avoid using negative words such as “No.” Instead try saying:
“Emsculpt is a cosmetic or selective procedure. As such, most insurance companies do not cover it. However, we do have an option called “Care Credit” (if the spa offers it) and we also have ______ (this would be a perfect time to mention promotions or specials)”
DOES EMSCULPT ACTUALLY HELP BUILD MUSCLE?
You will find many callers who cannot believe or understand how Emscultp works and if it will help them build muscles for real. Practice the following:
“Yes, it does. Emsculpt is very different than treatments which focus on removing fat. Emsculpt helps build muscles and tones the body. That’s because it causes muscles to contract 20,000 times in about 30 minutes. Just like exercising, Emsculpt builds muscle tissue.”
HOW LONG DO EMSCULPT RESULTS LAST?
It’s important to know this question since some agents stumble when asked about this particular issue. Below is what you should reply:
“People will generally begin to see results within 4 months of their treatment. The results last up to a year, depeding on the individual. Also, the workout regimen, eating habits of the person and other criteria can have an impact on the length of the outcomes.